FAQ for V2R Business Card Reader
For best recognition results, please consider the following:
- Cards need to be clearly distinguishable on the surface. Give attention to a sharp contrast between cards and background.
- Take photos in a bright environment. But lights or the sun should not reflect on the card.
- Ensure all card edges are within the visible screen area.
- Some angles can be corrected; nevertheless try to have little rotation.
- Often the company name is provided only in form of a logo. This is usually difficult for an OCR software; you may need to insert the company name by editing the contact after scanning it.
- Get close to the business card; if it fills most of the screen, the recognition works best.
- There are business cards with exotic fonts, tiny font size, little contrast between text and card background etc. Often they are hardly readible for humans - even harder for an app.
- The Multi Card mode works best when there big serifless fonts. It is tested for up to 6 business cards.
- (more to be added ...)
You are welcome to contact V2R at any time by email to email@example.com,
and for specific questions about the reader application by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The underlying OCR is "Powered by ABBYY".
Last update: 04.02.2019.